james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My mother went into a care home on 24 - 12 - 2018 and has

My mother went into a care home on 24 - 12 - 2018 and has been receiving attendance allowance I didn't realise I had to inform the dwp, I can't get I touch with them I've been trying for 2 months.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wales.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've tried phoning them and sent them a message, but no reply as yet and its getting worrying as I've looked up the rules and it may be construed that I've broken the law.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.

Hello I may assist,

You cannot usually get Attendance Allowance if you live in a care home and your care is paid for by your local authority. You can still claim Attendance Allowance if you pay for all your care home costs yourself.

Can you confirm if the above apply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you.