How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5207
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My mother went into a care home on 24 - 12 - 2018 and has

This answer was rated:

My mother went into a care home on 24 - 12 - 2018 and has been receiving attendance allowance I didn't realise I had to inform the dwp, I can't get I touch with them I've been trying for 2 months.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wales.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've tried phoning them and sent them a message, but no reply as yet and its getting worrying as I've looked up the rules and it may be construed that I've broken the law.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.

Hello I may assist,

You cannot usually get Attendance Allowance if you live in a care home and your care is paid for by your local authority. You can still claim Attendance Allowance if you pay for all your care home costs yourself.

Can you confirm if the above apply.

james bruce and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you.