How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36777
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have a question about false allegations. My ex partner

This answer was rated:

I have a question about false allegations. My ex partner sent a letter to my solicitor claiming that I was behaving nun a threatening and controlling way, he mentions that my behavior was aggressive and I made attempts to entrap him. What should I do in these circumstances to stop these false allegations? Do I need to contact police and report it?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I am afraid that the police will not act on the allegations. I would be minded to write back to the solicitors, who are acting on behalf of your ex; or get solicitors to act on your behalf and put the record right - set out your position and tell them to no longer write to you in this regard. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I please clarify that it was not sent to me, it was sent to my solicitor. My ex partner does not have a solicitor

I see. Then your solicitors should just write back to her on your behalf setting out that these are false allegations and ion necessary you can prove this to be the case. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you