Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
108775951

I have fallen behind on a Central heating boiler

I have fallen behind on a Central heating boiler installation loan and they took me to court for the outstanding amount and court agreed to accept a nominal amount to pay monthly.
Finance company a second charge on my house but they are still charging me interest on my loan. Can they do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait for your answer. It shouldn't be too difficult for your solicitors.

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Yes, they can and will still charge interest on the debt. Usually the County Court judgment will state the amount of interest that is charged (usually 8%). It continues to accrue until you have discharged the debt.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.

Aaron D, Barrister
Experience: LLB, BPTC