How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2885
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I am looking to take a company to court for damage to my

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am looking to take a company to court for damage to my car. They say the damage is non related to the repair, which I contest
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in the south of UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, they have denied liability and want to return my now damaged car and collect the courtesy car. when they collected my car it worked perfectly, now they say it needs a new engine!
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The repairer has an independent report carried out which states that the engine damage is not related to the body damage (which I know). I believe the damage was caused when the car was recovered on a lorry


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Given you believe the damage was not caused by your usage, it will be difficult to argue against an expert's report that states otherwise. Therefore in order to try to convince the other side that they or the people they employed to pick up your cae caused the damage in question you will need evidence to support your position. Therefore i suggest you consider instructing an engineer from a reputable company to review the vehicle and produce a report on whether the damage in question was caused by when the car was recovered on a the lorry.

Do you understand what i have stated?

If yes i wil provide an engineer's contact details that can produce a report for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand.


Please try Laird Assessors

The provide reports for these sort of issues. Further they can provide a report that will be acceptable in court too.

I hope i have clarified the position

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, I’ll call them tomorrow

Your welcome and thanks for the rating in advance.

Have a good night.

Anthony Chendo and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you