How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2919
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Hy my fiance is Indian, we are planing to marrie in 2022. We

This answer was rated:

hy my fiance is Indian, we are planing to marrie in 2022. We meet in America while working on the ship. I am Romanian nationality but i live and work here.What we can do so he can come here and work?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: for the moment he is still in America on the ship.I am living in UK, London. My citizenship is Romanian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We want to know what we can do so he can come and be with me here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my number is *****

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Have you applied under the EU Scheme to secure your EU rights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have presettlement

When did you meet and how long have been you been together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we meet 2018 on the ship and we got engaged this year in february
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are toghether since 25 January 2018 and we meet first time in 2017 in june

Have you been living together akin to marriage for 2 years?

If not the way forward be is to decide when to get married as from end of 31/12/2020 UK will be leaving with a deal or no deal in June 2021.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we did on the ship

Do you have any proof of this?

An EEA Family Permit is a document issued to non-EEA nationals living outside the European Union who would like to travel to the UK with an EEA national family member or join an EEA national family member in the UK.

In order to qualify for an EEA Family Permit you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  • You are a citizen of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA);
  • Your family member is an EEA national (but normally not British);
  • You are related to the EEA national in one of the following ways:
    • you are the family member of the EEA national such as their husband, wife, civil or unmarried partner, parent, grandparent, child or grandchild; or
    • you are an extended family member of the EEA national, for example their unmarried partner in a durable relationship, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, cousin, etc.; or
    • you are the main carer of a British citizen or a child who is an EEA national;
  • Your EEA national family member is travelling with you to the UK; or
  • Your family member is in the UK and, if they have lived in the UK for more than three months, is exercising Treaty rights as a worker, self-employed person, student, self-sufficient person, or as a jobseeker.

An EEA Family Permit is valid for six months. EEA Family Permit holders are free to leave and enter the UK as many times as they wish within that six month period.

There is no fee payable to apply for an EEA Family Permit and the application will be given priority by UK Visas & Immigration.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we worked at Carnival Cruise Line and our ID were linked so we can be on the same ship and to be able to live toghther
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am working here for 6 months already
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he will be able to aply for Familly permit?

You would also need to submit the payslips, bank statements, letter of employment, your proof of address, proof of relationship in support of the application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would need to send the documents to him in the moment he is applying for the VISA?

EEA Family Permit will be the application he would need to submit.

Yes that that is correct he would need to apply from that corner.

Thank you for your question today

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before you go,

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Lawyer21 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

You should make sure that you meet all of the requirements before you apply and double check the rules in place.