12826847

I paid to join a franchise opportunity. Sadly the

I paid to join a franchise opportunity. Sadly the opportunity never fully materialised because of lockdown so I feel I never got what I paid for. I asked for a refund and they refused. I signed a contract. Is there anything I can do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London Fulham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted them saying I dont think the opportunity has existed as sold to me and I would like a full refund. and they said no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats everything thanks i think

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am happy to wait

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Sorry for the delay.

Why do they say you are not liable?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you mean for a refund? Because the contract says no refunds

The contract can say what it likes. If they cannot provide the service, they have to refund you.

Just write to them demanding a refund and if they don't comply you will sue at the small claims court.

If they do not then issue against them here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

You will win.

Give them 14 days clearly in the warning and then just sue if they do not.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you! how should I go about asking for the refund and and saying I will sue. Is there a formal template I can use or anything?

Not really but it is really simple; I believe you are liable, please pay within 14 days. In default I will sue at the small claims court and claim costs and interest."

They won't pay but then you can sue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks. Just curious, do you represent people and/or correspond on their behalf. If so, what would be the fee for this?

not within the context of this site but honestly you dont need to pay for a solicitor

This is a classic small claims court sum and matter. It is designed for lay people.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
brill thanks

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Experience: Over 5 years in practice