How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2914
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

I have a question to ask.about my ex wife who keeps

This answer was rated:

I have a question to ask.about my ex wife who keeps harassing me on emails even though I divorced her 5 years ago, what can I do.?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Divorce was settled 3 years ago what can I do to stop the harassment and abuse. My kids are very upset with what she is doing
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Nope first time. She is an.alcoholic and probably sat at home drunk doing this.and she is trying to stalk my new family on facebook
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I.could go on for hours about this so happy to.connect

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

How long has your ex been harassing you? Have you told the police?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For years and getting worse I'm going to tell them tomorrow

In the interim you must consider taking out a injunction against him in order to prevent him from future and ongoing harassment and threats which can take in many forms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's late now and I'm at home and dont want my wife to worry, can I call tomorrow to see what i can do as it has to stop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a she not a him, my ex wife

You can apply for an ‘injunction’ if you’ve been the victim of domestic abuse. An injunction is a court order that either:

  • protects you or your child from being harmed or threatened by the person who’s abused you - this is called a ‘non-molestation order’

pply by email or post

Follow these steps to apply for an injunction by email or post.

  1. Check if you’re eligible to apply for a non-molestation order or an occupation order.

  2. Download and fill in the application form (form FL401) and make 2 copies.

  3. Write your witness statement telling the court what has happened and asking for the relevant order.

  4. At the bottom of the witness statement write a statement of truth. Use the following words: “I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true.” Sign and date the statement of truth.

  5. Download and fill in form C8 if you want to keep your address and telephone number private.

  6. Email or send all the documents to a court which deals with domestic abuse cases - there’s no fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

Most welcome

You might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending a LawWorks Clinic. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website:

You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau ( For more information please visit: or Personal Support Unit for advice about a legal problem (For more information please visit:

Before you go,

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Lawyer21 and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you