How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18744
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I have a question about land registry of my property, No I

This answer was rated:

I have a question about land registry of my property
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: The problem is I own my house pay the mortgage, my kid's father who is not on the land register and can he demand legally to be included in the land register
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No so basically can he say I owe half of the house?

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** could I receive my 5 pounds back please

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

I see you've requested a refund, unfortunately we aren't always able to give instant responses. I am available now and can answer your question if you wish? Or do you want me to refer you to customer services for a refund?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you, I am a single mother with 2 young kids and I want to leave a will to my kids only so I do not want my ex to have control over my property in terms of selling it or remortgaging it. He is not on the mortgage nor on the title deed what should I do? Second question if I make him as a guardian to my kids on my will, will he have a right to sell the house or remortgage? How shoud I proceed with the will so he will have no rights to sell the house or remorgage after my dead

Sorry, your original question didn't mention that this was about a will. It isn't my expertise so I'll opt out and another expert will be able to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Iam waiting

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

how long were you together?

how old are the children?

did he move into your house?

did he pay towards any type of decorations or repairs (not bills)

what is he wanting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we were together 8 years, children are almost 9 and 6 years old, no he did not move into my house, he did not pay for any decorations once he paid for a new boiler. he just ones to be on the will and he learned that he can not be on deed for 5 years because of new product change through the bank and he also learned that I have to give permission first to add his name on the deed.

No he can’t demand that he goes on the title. Simple.

What he can do however is claim financial interest in the property if he has contributed towards it by way of mortgage capital repayment or improvements et cetera et cetera.

Indirect payments such as bells can sometimes be taken into account if he could prove that without paying you those bills, you would not have been able to afford the mortgage.

He can sometimes, in certain circumstances claim the right to live in the house under part IV of the Family Law Act but that usually only applies if the house was bought as a family house, albeit only in one name, and he is the main carer of the children. In that case he can claim the right to continue to live in the house with the children but not normally if he is just going to be on his own.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

You may need to login again to use the rating service. Although it says "rate to finish" it doesn't close the thread and we can still exchange emails.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

It doesn't just give me a pat on the head! It's what gets me paid!!

There is also an experts incentive scheme whereby the more 5 star ratings I get I do actually get a pat on the head!

All you need to do is press Submit.

Thank you.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.


F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18744
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Super thank you this is all.