12826847

I have recently had an incident with a guy who hadn’t yet

Hello I have recently had an incident with a guy who hadn’t yet officially asked me to become his girlfriend. He saw some of my general friends who where male friends of my social media with general conversation and had assumed me to have something to do with them, long story short he started to get angry, snatched my phone and smashed my phone on the floor and also held my neck back at a point I had reported the situation to the police they had gotten a hold of him and he dined his actions, so then the police closed the case. Now I have a smashed phone with him denying to fix it what should I do now please
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No charges has been filed yet
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: In Southampton at a car park
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, I have have a recording and evidence of him telling my mum that he will pay for the phone however he had then just called one of my friends that he won’t pay and he said that he’s marked his words. So now I’m just looking for advice and what to do next
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Sorry for the delay.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No charges has been filed yet
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: In Southampton at a car park
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, I have have a recording and evidence of him telling my mum that he will pay for the phone however he had then just called one of my friends that he won’t pay and he said that he’s marked his words. So now I’m just looking for advice and what to do next

Yes, no problem.

What would you like to know about this?

Are you asking if you can recover from him?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to know what I would be able to do next because he damaged my phone them my mum had called him and we have a recording that he agreed to pay for the phone however yesterday he told one of my friends that he’s not paying for it anymore

Sorry for the delay.

You do have the option to sue him for the value of the phone. If he damaged it then he is liable.

He might be refusing to pay but you can issue against him here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

You do need to warn him first though or there will be costs risks.

But you should win if the facts are as you say.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Perfect thank you

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/