UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I run an online coaching business, we had a new client sign

Hello, I run an online coaching business, we had a new client sign up with us 7 weeks ago, they paid their first month and were very consistence and communicative. after 3 weeks the stopped checking in or replying to messages. I called them as a welfare check to make sure they were ok and they said they were having a difficult time with their anxiety so I asked if i could help and was told the would be back on track the next week. i have had no checkins or replys to messages and rang them again last friday, they said they were going out but we could catch up over the weekend, i tried to contact them on sunday and left a message but have had no reply. the clients monthly instalment was due on the 24th and is now late, we have a 3 month minimum in the T's&C's which they agree to when completing a new client questionnaire. could you advise on how i can get in touch with the client
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leicester, England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have contacted the client my message (we have deliver and read receipts for these) and phone
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: none
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That’s ok thank you, ***** *****
Have an estimate for how long it will be

Perhaps the client has changed their mind and do not wish to continue which is a reasonable assumption to make given the current crisis.

You have two options, either to sue the client for breach of contract or forget about them and call it quits. I would suggest the later as there is no guarantee you would win in court and the client may raise the defence of frustration of contract due to the pandemic and related events.

May I help further?

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The client signed up during the current situation, and committed beyond what most people do initially to the work and was communicative.We are happy to pause clients which we have done at the current time which we don’t normally do.We implement a 3 month minimum as we don’t turn any profit until month 3 due to set up and initial contact levels so we are going to be at a loss in a time when we are already struggling

In that case you may make a money claim against the client for the remaining 2 months not paid.

All the best