How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I have ccj against me and wish to pay of I would like to

This answer was rated:

Hi I have ccj against me and wish to pay of I would like to know if this can still be discounted and settled to get rid of this as I do not have much work at the moment but wish to get this satisfied thanks
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have had the order set aside already as the company kept sending to an old address so I was not even aware of the order until it was to late
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Hertfordshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just wish to get this settled


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

When was the CCJ entered against you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
December 2019 and as soon I found out I had it set aside
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No phone call thank u


Please ignore the automated call request whilst I type.

There is nothing stopping you making an offer to settle the claim.

However given there is a judgment in place it will be up to the Claimant to consider accepting, rejecting or making a counter offer. Therefore i suggest you pick up the phone and call the claimant to see whether you can get a deal agreed because it's much easier to get a deal done via telephone.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.


Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called them and they told me because of a court order no discount can be offered thanks

Then I suggest you write an email outlining why you cant afford the full judgment at once but you will consider paying on a monthly basis.