31090051

My neighbour wants to put a 6ft fence 2M outside my sunroom

Hi, my neighbour wants to put a 6ft fence 2M outside my sunroom window. There is grass area at the back of both houses that they have erected a 6ft fence that I am fine with but they have put 6ft posts in to continue past my sunroom which has been here for 10 years and it will block direct sunlight for half of the largest window and partially blocked the view for 3 out of 5 windows. Thanks Lynne
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No we have still to have the conversation with the neighbour so looking for advice to know our rights if possible
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Wishaw, Scotland
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The neighbours advised they were putting a small fence between the 2 houses to keep their grandchild in it was never mentioned that it was 6ft at the back or past the sunroom thanks

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. Can you let me see your title please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, what do you mean by title? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am available at 12 for a chat

If you own the house you should have a title deed which will, amongst other things, outline what the various owners are and are not allowed to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can look that out but stuck on a call with work at the moment

No hurry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will look out and get back in touch thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry I can’t find title deeds anything else that would help? Plans? Thanks Lynne

I can have a look at the land register. It will cost a little more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I’ve sent you an email.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email address is***@******.***