How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 80440
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been attacked by three people who broke into my

This answer was rated:

Hello. I have been attacked by three people who broke into my house, one of them I know very well. Accident happened in front of my daughter and pregnant partner, I have injury as broken nose, the attackers kicked and punched me down on the ground in to my property and my daughter having psychologist therapy. Police dispose the incident and gave a suspect only caution for assault by beating without court. I don't agree with police decision and complain to IOPS. I have contacted so many services and no one is willing to help me. Services just giving me different numbers to contact but no help found. I am just wondering who and how I can contact for help. I want the case to be reviewed, but I just can't get a proper help with explanation how to do it, who to deal with. Thank you.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, where is this? And when did this happen?
Customer: The accident took place in Rainham, Essex. 05.04.2020
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: Report been made to police, police decided to dispose the case with caution to suspect
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: need help

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am strongly disagree with police decision. My opinion there was planned group attack with intent to body harm . I make complain to police conduct- IOPS also I heard about CPS- the crown prosecution service not sure to claim them or not Can I get your opinion about that ? . I just want let these guys to pay for my daughter psychologist bill and for pain that caused me and my family. I just don't know how to get them to court.

Thank you.

I do completely understand your outrage.

The problem though I'm afraid is that a decision to caution cannot be reviewed. They have to consider your views but they do not have to act upon them if the offence was otherwise suitable for a caution.

You do have the option to complain obviously.

You could also consider suing for the tort of assault but that would cost.

I'm so sorry but that is your position.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats sad coz my budget is very limited. How much do you think it can cost approximately ?

What ? Suing?

It depends on your injuries. Probably about £1000

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me please what the time limit is to sue them?

3 years from the date of the incident?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answers

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile