JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO:, Topic: Witness Statements, deadline 15 June 3.Witness

FAO: Jim,Topic: Witness Statements, deadline 15 June
3.Witness Statements:
Both parties are to send to the Court and to each other the Witness Statements set out below by 4pm 15 June 2020. The Witness Statements must be signed with a Statement of Truth.
Claimant’s witnesses: Claimant, Keron Pirie (Extreme Performance)
Defendant’s witnesses: Defendant, Imran Khan (I K Autos MOT Centre), Yousaf Dad (Drive Motors, Coventry), Mr Mitch (Track Body Shop)
The Witness Statements are to be put in a bundle marked “Claimant’s Witness Statements” or Defendant’s Witness Statements and paginated.
Warning: If you do not comply with this Directions, the Judge may not take into account your documents at the Final Hearing.----
I have prepared witnesses statements (as attached)
Could you please check if this can be sent and what sort of "front page" shall i use for this.

Hi, yes, if you say to the court "further to the directions order, please find attached the claimant;s witness evidence by way of service, a copy of which has been served upon the Defendant".

You have already paginated the document which is good.

So if you send one copy to the court and one to the defendant.

I hope this helps? If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jim
is this enough as a statement of truth as below:Statement of Truth"I, Tomasz Delanowski, believe that the facts contained within this statement are true."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or, is there more sophisticated wording required ?

Yes, that's the correct wording, you can use that. Also see 2.1 here:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part22/pd_part22#2.1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks !