How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36775
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My ex-husband has moved in with his girl friend. He refuses

This answer was rated:

Hi, my ex-husband has moved in with his girl friend. He refuses to give me the address, which he takes our children to and says law is that he does not have to. The children are 13 and 15. Is this right ?
JA: What steps has your ex-husband taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No the courts were not involved, we made decision he would take them for weekend occasionally.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your ex-husband live in?
Customer: We both live in Nottingham
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My 13 year old son often does not want to go at all but ex says as he is a child he has to go to his house. Do the children have to go when ex wants them ?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Firstly he should be informing you of the address where he is living and where the children are staying overnight. In addition if the 13 years old is saying that he does not want to go/stay then in all likelihood the court would respect his ascertainable wishes and feelings. So unless the father takes you to court for a child arrangements order (which he may well not get) the 13 years old does not need to go. I have to help you further attached a link to a great book which explains the process -

Please rate 5 stars

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you