Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Just like to ask about my personal injury that I had, the

Hi just like to ask about my personal injury that I had , the 3rd party has excepted liability.
JA: Can you tell me where this is? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: But I feel my solicitor is not being transparent ,as I'm requesting pdf regarding the the figure they have offered
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: They have offered the sum off 6200 but I keep asking for a copy as proof , but I keep getting a windows copy and past !!!
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I know if they are telling the truth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a simple request but they keep sending me windows documents that may have been altered !
Everything else is fine but I feel the amount they are saying may be different to what they are telling me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I ask for copies of 3rd party's offer via the portal or email , they keep sending copy and past !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spoke to them several times asking why I'm not getting pdfs? And why they are windows documents

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Solicitors are under a duty to provide the offer figure to you and breach of this rule could lead to a solicitor being punished by the solicitors regulatory authority.

Therefore if you have your doubts about the offer figure you should consider writing a letter to your solicitors but at the top of your letter address it to "complaint partner". Within your letter explain why you have your doubts about the offer and you want proof that this is the genuine figure. Therefore you want to see a copy of the letter the third sent the offer in or you want a screen shot of the person injury portal system which records offers made and received.

Do you understand what I have stated if not please let me know.

Further please ignore the automated call request unless you wish to talk to me.

If you understand what I have stated I will proceed to the next step?

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why can I not read to comments

Sorry I don't understand your last comment.

Please can you rephrase so I can answer your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said this offer of a full global offer was not made via portal ! Which I dont believe.
Why are they going round in circles about sending a copy and past in windows .
So I today asked them to email 3rd party asking for the offer with a break down and then sent yo my self in pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said that they cant send what I'm requesting as the offer was not made via the portal .
Only by email , so I said so why cant you attach the emails in pdf ?

They can ask the third party to send the offer in a letter headed paper and attach it to an email. Further the third party can sign the letter headed paper too.

Therefore return to them and ask for the information. If you do not get anywhere with the situation I suggest you ask to speak to the complaints partner who can step in to review the matter and resolve it too

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have said the exact thing , but said that the 3rd party wont do that ,so I said why as I'm in my full wrigh to ask and request the full on letter headed paper

I agree with you.

I suggest you ask to speak to their complaints partner if the simple request cannot be fulfilled.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would they have that within their ferm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if he says they dong have that in their firm

Yes they should have a complaint partner within the firm. However if you do not get a response to your request for the complaints manager details please consider filling a complaint to the sra using the link below

https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent !Is this a common loop whole that they can manipulate they figures without clients knowing

To be honest I dont know about such a loop hole because when an offer comes in I notify my clients promptly.

If I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Thanks and stay safe.