SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a contract with a self publishing company and their

I have a contract with a self publishing company and their service has been poor. Can I tell them that I want to break the contract and ask for all of the proofs of the books that I have with them (two have been published) and one is at the proof-reading stage?

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. The terms and conditions of your contract with them will dictate whether you can terminate it; how you can terminate it and whether there would be cost implications. If the poor service if something you can support with tangible evidence then you would look to your contract to see if what is poor is provided for in the contract as one of the publishing company's obligations. If so then you can rely on material breach of contract to treat the agreement as at end and therefore terminate it. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your answer. The contract simply says that I can terminate and I have evidence of poor service. I will write to them and terminate the contract. Best regards.