How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19542
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Thank you. I have been having ongoing noise nuisance

This answer was rated:

Thank you. Hi! I have been having ongoing noise nuisance problems in social housing where one tenant or leaseholder has modified the structure of their flat and installed an apparatus that reflects the sound/ outside traffic, people talking up to the 1st floor where I live. I have spoken to the Haringey Council, Homes For Haringey/ Carina Thomas my housing manager and the councillor my ward Emine Ibrahim. Nothing has been done. It is halting my work production, peace of mind and depriving me of sleep.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have not filed any paper work. I have been to a meeting with my housing manager she has spoken to that resident. I have not filed anything to solicitors.
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: I live at 139 The Sandlings, the resident lives at 140.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. This morning the resident at 143 closed his door a bit hard maybe fed up himself, however the impact vibration I felt coming from beneath was disturbing. I knocked at 141 had no answer then rang her doorbell and there was no answer. She is not home. The noise is definitely coming from 140 due to the modifications being made. I went to Leicester for 2 weeks to get away to get some piece of mind but had to come back. I go for walks as far as Holloway Road..Any noise impact they may hear from footsteps or anything else is due to the modification. I have installed carpets by the way. I cannot live like this. I request to be moved to a shelter or have a surveyor to examine this to put an abrupt stop to it. It's constant banging.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'd like to know what steps can be taken to enforce that the perpetrator stops or is told to pull down the apparatus that deflects the noise upwards to me thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not wish for a live call at this point thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do a call at the moment. I'm just waiting for a response.

You can seek an injunction. You would need to complete forms N1:

And N16a:

The court will set it down for hearing and decide whether to grant an order.

If the court does and the person refuses, this could be contempt of Court, which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much! I am a struggling musician. Since lockdown I've had no work plus cancellations due to closure of venues.

Sure. Can I assist with anything else today?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will research the information given and act accordingly. For the time being no as I do not have the funds needed.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is excellent!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will request you again for a follow up or new topic.