How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19535
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a problem with my bank and I need an urgent

This answer was rated:

Hello ..I have a problem with my bank and I need an urgent consultation please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Would like me to send the details summary?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I visited the bank 3 weeks ago and I paid 5 payment into my account and I took a paper bank statement. After few days I noticed incidentally that one of my payments was missed .. I contacted the bank and they inform me that there was an error and they withdrew money from my account without my permission and knowledge. I contacted the fraud team but unfortunately they said it's an error and the staff member correct it and I lost a money from my account and I am not happy with their decision

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello .. I visited my bank 3 weeks ago and I paid 3000 £ via the machine and paid 2700 and 2500 to the cashier.. a few days later I noticed that the second payment of 2500 £ is reversed again into the bank . When I asked the fraud team they told me the cashier reversed it because it's error !! They told me that they investigated my complaint and they are convinced that one of the payment was wrong and I didn't pay it after they asked the member of staff who served me in that day . I lost 2500 £ and this amount has been withdrawn from my account without my permission and knowledge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a paper bank statement that confirmed my payment. What should I do next ?

I assume you have a receipt for the £2500 paid in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course

Have you provided them with a copy of the receipt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but that didn't do anything, they told me this is an error of 2500£ and they checked it with the bank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was an error!! That is their response!!

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 14 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again..thank you for your response..they told that I have the right to send a complaint to the financial ombudsman what should be the next step?

Yes this will take alot of time.

But Court will be quicker

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you ..perfect

Can I assist with anything else tonight?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again..last question please .. the letter should be sended into the same branch that I deposited the money into? And the receipt is enough approved of the money that I deposited at that day because they said that they checked the money that deposited at that date and they agreed that it's wrong payment?? In addition, I the money withdrew from my account without my knowledge and permission so can I make a complaint about that as well?
Thank you so much


Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All the best. If I could invite you to rate me 5 stars before you go today by clicking the button at the top of the screen, so the site credits me for the time spent. I am only paid when you rate. if you need further help please click reply. Thanks in advance.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you