Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

My social landlord optivo are threatening me and my son with

My social landlord optivo are threatening me and my son with court action and turning off my gas supply if I don't let them do a gas inspection but we are both shielding because of the coronavisus outbreak Peter Marshall
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: HASTINGS east Sussex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have made a complaint to optivo and asked our MP for Hastings to help
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

As per the Govt guidelines-

No repair or maintenance work should be carried out in any household which is self-isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless that work is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household. In such cases, additional steps should be taken to ensure safety, for example avoiding face-to-face contact. Direct risks are those which will affect your tenant’s ability to live safely and maintain their mental and physical health in the property

Get back to the Landlord/Agents that you are self-isolating, if possible to delay the inspection/repair works, If it can`t be delayed then additional safety measures should be employed for ensuring your safety.

Please note I am not available for the calls at the moment, however, I can assist you via this online chat.

As per the Govt guidelines-

No repair or maintenance work should be carried out in any household which is self-isolating or where an individual is being shielded unless that work is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household. In such cases, additional steps should be taken to ensure safety, for example avoiding face-to-face contact. Direct risks are those which will affect your tenant’s ability to live safely and maintain their mental and physical health in the property

So get back to the Landlord/Agents that you are self-isolating, if possible to delay the inspection/repair works, If it can`t be delayed then ask them for additional safety measures for ensuring your safety.

If you have any follow-up questions please let me know

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I haven't thank you anymore questions thanks for your help