LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

Small claims court related question. Currently waiting for

Small claims court related question.Currently waiting for judgement to be confirmed. What does this mean and where do I stand if the court grant judgement

Welcome to Just Answer. I will be assisting you today with your query. Kindly note, this is not a chat service and my responses may be delayed due to assisting other users.

You may request a phone call through the site for an additional small fee. This is an automatic offer made by the system giving you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. However, it is entirely optional and if you just ignore it and close it down you will not be charged extra and we will just continue in writing at no extra cost.

Please could you kindly clarify? Are you asking from when is the Judgement effective?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is the current state of my claim. The defendant has emailed me their defence today.Isn’t it too late for them to reply as I applied for a CCJ and am currently awaiting court judgement as they didn’t reply in time?

Yes that is correct. It would be for the Defendant (if they so wished) to apply to Court to have the Judgement set aside for any reason.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
as I have had the defence today, it is classed as too late.So after 4pm, when judgement should be decided by the court. What is my best plan of action?If I continue to push for the judgement, and my defendant apply to have it set aside. Am I liable for any of the costs?

The Court will write to you confirming that Judgement has been entered by Default.

The Defendant has two options, either accept the Judgement or apply to have it set aside by way of an application. If they apply for it to be set aside, you can dispute this on the basis that the Defence was late. You wouldn't be liable for costs if the application is dismissed.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that makes sense.So do I need to do anything else with my online application? Or not?

No, you just wait for the Court to write to you confirming the Judgement.

It's a pleasure.

I would be grateful for a 5 star rating at the top of your screen for helping you. It’s important to leave a rating as this is how Experts are credited.

All the best.