How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17700
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Can l sue a commercial building (Aldi ) for unsocialble

This answer was rated:

Can l sue a commercial building (Aldi ) for unsocialble noise nuisance?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Yorkshire Bradford
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Complaint to Aldi... then complaint to the council..made recordings of the music being played at roughly 5am until opening hours.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have sent video recordings to the council , they have confirmed they can hear the music in the video that l have sent via text messages

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

The building is an object so you can't sue the building.

You can sue the people making the noise.

Do you want me to you how to do that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No call just chat on here please

You need to complete forms N1:

And form N16a:

The court will set the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to order to stop or limit noise.

If the court does nad this is breached, this could be contempt of Court which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After filling the forms in , who do l send these too

County Court

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my local county court ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I suffer from panic and anxiety, if l don't want to attend court, could it all be settled in my absence?

If you instruct a Barrister to attend, yes.

You can get one at:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The link that u have provided, to the forms... are they specifically to sue a business/ company ?


Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why are you charging me £40 when l only signed up for the £5 one fee??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I never signed up to anything, u must refund my money immediately.

I assume its the end of your trial and its monthly membership

But any billing questions need to be directed to customer services

I dont have the sort of access to your account.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have taken £40 out of my account , and l never signed up to a membership

You will need to contact customer services.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have just tried to cancel my membership, even though l never sighed up, but not received a email to confirm the cancellation. This is ridiculous

You will need to contact customer services.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
l have done