plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I want to know where I stand as my wife said she will file

I want to know where I stand as my wife said she will file for divorce. I want to know three main things:
1. the child custody
2. the house
3. her visa status as she is on a resident permit that will expire early next year
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
reference the three points raised above:
1. The child is an 11 month baby. My wife and the baby were stuck in Morocco at her parents for 3 months. a day after she arrived she threatened to call the police on made up allegations and forced me to leave the house. She has done this before in the past but once the police did attend to her she said it was a mistake and they did not pursue further after contacting me as I decided to stay at a nearby hotel that night.
She is not letting me pick up the child and bring him to where I am temporarily staying. She said I can only see him in the park. Can she do that? Do I have rights to spend time with the child?2. the house in the UK was bought by me and in my name. I closed on the house purchase one month after we got married in morocco (April 2018). The money I used was from my money that I earned before I got married to her. How much is she likely to get from the house assuming I have an equity of around 75k.3. She came to the country in Sept 2018 on a spouse visa (resident permit) that is valid until April 2021. If we get divorces will she lose the status and will she have to return to Morocco.3a. Also what would happen to the baby in that scenario? The child is british.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am OK to wait.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I will look over this and come back to you shortly with a response.

OK.

1. You have rights to contact with your child. If you are being denied reasonable access you will ave to consider applying to the family court for a child arrangements order setting out the contact that you should be having.

2. If you did not enter into a trust declaration at the tie the house was purchased, it's likely to be viewed as a joint asset. Parties to a marriage bring their own funds, but once a family home is purchased it's normally seen as equally owned. So she may be able to claim half of that equity.

3. My understanding is that if she has a British child she would be able to apply for a different visa to allow her to remain if the spouse visa is revoked.

3.a. Therefore not relevant in light of the above.

I hope this assists.

If you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions, should you have them.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok Great. Please let me know if you need any further information from me. Thanks

I've rejected the call as I have answered your questions above - did you get this reply?

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law