Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
108775951

When a landlord rents a property out is it for the landlord

When a landlord rents a property out is it for the landlord to pay the service charges on the property or the tenant is to pay since they pay for other personal bills ? Council and so on

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

The usual position is that the landlord pays the services charges however it would depend on the terms of your tenancy agreement. It would be most unusual if the tenancy agreement says you are liable to pay the service charge but if it's in there then you would be contractually obliged to pay it.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you