How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aaron D Your Own Question
Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 572
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aaron D is online now

When a landlord rents a property out is it for the landlord

This answer was rated:

When a landlord rents a property out is it for the landlord to pay the service charges on the property or the tenant is to pay since they pay for other personal bills ? Council and so on

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

The usual position is that the landlord pays the services charges however it would depend on the terms of your tenancy agreement. It would be most unusual if the tenancy agreement says you are liable to pay the service charge but if it's in there then you would be contractually obliged to pay it.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.

Aaron D and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you