Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
108775951

I was sacked for refusing to get fingerprinted in order to

Hi Wilson, I was sacked for refusing to get fingerprinted in order to have access to a cupboard where keys are kept. I did not need to go there it was just in case. It is a bus company and I am working for them through a recruitment agency for limited time (3 months). During that time I was supposed to drive a route that does not need the access to that cupboard. Can they do that
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have told the manager on duty that I did not want to be fingerprinted. And he said that as the leaflet proves is not stored, is actually encoded in a system.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Supposed to be ltd company. Which I have not set it up yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

I'm afraid that as you were working for the firm via a recruitment agency for only 3 months you do not have a right to claim for unfair dismissal.

You need to work for a company for at least 2 years as an employee to gain such rights.

Given that you were only a temporary worker the bus company has the right to decide whether to keep using you or not. As you have refused to follow their instructions they have the right to decide they don't wish to use your services anymore.

Sorry if that isn't the answer you hoped for but I do hope this helps clear things up for you, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.