How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5185
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

If I knew someone that is being held by another person

This answer was rated:

If I knew someone that is being held by another person against their own will what should I do.
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: He in the uk
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: He is in a coma and can't act for himself
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this point

The correct thing to do would be to contact the Police and Social services.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I report to the police
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want a call at this time thank you I will contact the police 1st and go from there thank you for your help at this time

You can just call there non 999 number to report your suspicions.

Your very welcome come back here if you need further assistance.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will do that for you and thanks again for your help