31090051

If looking at divorce Scotland what am I expect to pay for

If looking at divorce Scotland what am I expect to pay for lawyers.
What is likely outcome of property even if the house is not in my name

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. Non legal aid divorces and paid on a time spent basis. Your solicitor will charge between £160 and £300 plus VAT per hour depending on experience and specialism so it helps to shop around first. As regards ***** ***** everything is divided equally unless there is a good reason not to. All property acquired during the marriage in the name of either party of both of them is included apart from personal belongings and things inherited from or gifted by third parties. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks the family home was purchased by my husband before we got married And is in his name does that count we have been married for 16 years. Also he is now retired so not bringing in income and my child is 13 so does he have to pay money for my son?

Unless the house was bought during the marriage or before the marriage in contemplation of marriage it is not going to be included as matrimonial property. However because it was used as a family home you could claim a share. There is case law to support that. As far as your son is concerned, assuming he is your husbands son, child support is based on income. If there is not income there can be no child support. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.