Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

Am currently in the UK. My wife is a UK citizen and my kids

am currently in the UK. My wife is a UK citizen and my kids are dual UK and Canadian Citizens.I am a Canadian Citizen. We were living in the UAE however due to the lockdowns and closing of borders we can’t return to UAE until they decide otherwise.As a spouse to a UK Citizen I would like to apply to settle in the UK or right to abode or whatever is possible. We can prove that we will not be dependent on the state, however we need a country where we can all settle and live together as a family.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Hi did you see my message?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really I think quite simple honestly... we have been married 18 years
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Which visa are you currently on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don't have any visa.. Canadians don't need a visa to enter the country for upto 6 months

Yes that is correct - when did you enter the UK?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Last month in May on a repatriation flight

Is your wife working? Are your kids British?

UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300(###) ###-####br/>Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

Fiancés, fiancées or proposed civil partners

If you’re here with 6 months’ leave as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and your wedding or civil ceremony has been delayed due to coronavirus you can either request an extension until 31 July 2020 by updating your records with the Coronavirus Immigration Team, or apply to extend your stay for a further 6 months to allow the ceremony to take place.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have been married 18 years now.

It is my view that you will need to return back and apply for Spouse entry clearance as you stated there is no travel ban and/or 14 day quarantine period. Therefore, you can apply for entry clearance as a Spouse to re-enter with a 2.5 year visa upon being granted.

However, it may be possible to apply for leave to remain from inside the UK given the length of your marriage and with your British kids - however you are likely to be put on the 10 year route instead of the 5 year route. Both routes lead to settlement after completing the relevant number of years in such category.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you I will contact the home office tomorrow and see what they advise me.

Great - if you do have any other questions/post and mark for my attention - Lawyer21. Many thanks