How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5175
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Our neighbours are causing us so much distress because they

This answer was rated:

Our neighbours are causing us so much distress because they are harassing us, we think they have done this before to previous neighbours and that's why they were moved out of their previous address Is there anyway we can find out?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: We have logged a police report and keep updating it, and with the housing trust, we have even had a mediation meeting with them, it went well but then they started all the trouble again and lies
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Lawley telford
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so

Hello I may assist.

you have done the right thing contacting police and housing trust.

If it is continuing then you can contact the council to investigate. If they find the neighbours are being anti social, they can issue a notice to them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would that be the local council and not the housing association?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd rather just type if you don't mind?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The council can deal and issue anti social warnings etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way we can find out if they have done this before?

Previous neighbours could have complained but you would not be given that information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could a solicitor if appointed, find that information out for us?

From the police no, but may be possible under a freedom of information request to the council.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this goes to the courts would I be entitled to legal aid as I'm on pip and esa benefit payments

If council takes action against them you would not need legal aid, as you would be a witness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very much

Your welcome good luck

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

james bruce and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you