How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19534
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Can I provide additional evidence as victim in a criminal

This answer was rated:

Can I provide additional evidence as victim in a criminal case when evidence is already sent for trial?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have more evidence but when I contacted the officer handling my case he said that the file has already went to court

Has it been set down for trial?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean I cannot supply the additional evidence to prosecution
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after a month

Ah, yes you cant adduce additional evidence.

Once its listed for trial then you can't produce new evidence.

Its not fair on the Defendant.

All evidence should have been gathered before it went to Court.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much