Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Really bad situation, I have a leak from my upstairs flat(

I am I really bad situation, I have a leak from my upstairs flat( this is a recurrent issue) the management agency no matter how many times I call or how many Emails I send take months to start any action. It has been 3 weeks already and just today after spending the whole day bothering everyone they send someone. The person upstairs is never at home, they can not give me contact details of the landlord, they advise me police can not break in, as they don't find the landlord. So basically nothing can be done. Now my electricals jump off.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: They are telling me that they will send an electrician but as this is an emergency call and I am shared ownership, they don't know if I have to pay part of the electrician bill.
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: I sent Lots of Emails and contacted the insurance that dealt with the on going repaired of my flat from last year. So I achieved to put both cases in the same one as the first one is not conclude it. The flat is first floor and I am the basement. I am Flat 3 Franklin House Aberfeldy Street E14 0 NL. The flat above is N.7
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: As this is a recurrent problem every 5 or 3 years, I really want to claim compensation, not just the repairs, I am losing so much many: they always require me to pay exceeds, electrical things that they get damaged and they break few months after the insurance claim. I am constantly under stress, last year september a whole combi freezer full of food on the bin. So much damage but mainly stress.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm is the neighbour a tenant?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think so, that flat was divided into two, so not sure, I assume it is.