Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Im about to take on a job of refurbishing a property. the

hi, im about to take on a job of refurbishing a property. the owner lives out of the country. we have verbally agreed a deal that he is to pay for the refurbishment and i am to do all the work. resulting in a 60/40% split after the sale of the property at the end after all fees, refurb costs, morgatge owed have been deducted. Can you advise on if there is already such an agreement/contract that we would need him to sign or if it is to be completely custom to the deal made verbally. thanks
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i live in england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: the ones listed above
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi thank you for your message, you should get a written contract drawn up by a solicitor and signed by him. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well yes im aware i need a contract id have thought that goes without saying. Im asking what it needs to be ive been told a few different things so just wanted to clarify what it is that i need
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
why would i pay £44 for a phone call when i have 7 days worth of questions for a fiver
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thats 168 hours worth of questions
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
jeremy have you fell asleep?

What have you been told that you nee clarifying? In terms of the phone call that request is sent automatically.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
im deaf

What have you been told that you need clarifying? In terms of the phone call that request is sent automatically.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i cant talk on the phone im deaf
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my ears dont work

Yes I understand you do not need to do a call. You said "Im asking what it needs to be ive been told a few different things so just wanted to clarify what it is that i need" what have you been told that needs clarifying?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
theyre broke

I understand, what queries do you have about the contract?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ive been told something about a declaration of trust or to take charge over the property, which is the best option?? or would it have to be a completely custom to the deal we have agreed verbally.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
im sorry i just get frustrated when i keep seeing a sign saying call me and i cant! happens on tinder too

I recommend a declaration of trust this a legally binding document that sets out what happens to a property or the money from a property if something happens e.g. the property is sold. Such a document could be drawn up by a solicitor and would normally cost a couple of hundred pounds to write up. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.