Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I lost the NHS England's letter to isolate.My GP issued me a

I lost the NHS England's letter to isolate.My GP issued me a copy to remain isolate since I am vulnerable due to my asthma.letter has a NHS Logo on it and GP has put my surgery's stamp on it to make it authentic.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My question is is the GP Letter has the same weight as the original letter of NHS England.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No steps taken and the employer doesn't accept GP's letter.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes,we live in a small house.my wife refused to go to work until 30/6 at KFC because of my health.she is being forced to resume work on 12/6.Her Furlough is stopped.KFC says they will only put her on Furlough if I can produce NHS England's letter with QR code on it.

Welcome to JA.

The GP letter is sufficient to support your position given it has bee stamped and presumably signed by your local GP.

I suggest you notify the employer to contact the GP in the event they question the authenticity of the letter.

Alternatively please direct your employer to the NHS site below which clearly states letters from GP are sufficient too:

https://digital.nhs.uk/coronavirus/shielded-patient-list

I hope i have clarified the position, if not please let me know

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

I note you have reviewed the answer given.

If i have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't see where does it clearly states letters from GP are sufficient too

Please see the last paragraph under the heading "Guidance for Patience" at the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have or have not seen it.