How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2907
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

To avoid risk to my health and we live in a small house ,my

This answer was rated:

To avoid risk to my health and we live in a small house ,my wife refused to resume work at KFC until 30/6.Her employer has stopped her Furlough and asked her to start work from 12/6 or else it would be unauthorised leave and action will be taken.
In these circumstances is my wife entitled to continuous Furlough until 30/6


Your wife can still be placed on furlough by her employer as the government has recommended this measure.

However it's up to the employer if they wish to do so.

Therefore I suggest you notify your wife to have a conversation with her employer with the evidence you have about shielding and explain she can still be placed on furlough leave as noted within the ACAS guidance.

Please see below a link regarding the ACAS code which you can ask you wife to print off to take to the meeting.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the stars button at the top of your screen as this will credit me for the information provided.


Anthony Chendo and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you