F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My daughters private school is threatening to stop her

my daughters private school is threatening to stop her education and that of many others because we as parents disagreewith the school over the fees the intend chargeing . The school has performed teribly with distance learning and we as parents are seeking a clarification of the charges . The school will not do so.
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: My Question is does the school have an over rideing dutey of care for the children. which means they have to continue and improve there education of our children. Most parents have paid at least £1000 as a good will jesture. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards
JA: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?
Customer: The school is in Derbyshire. My aim is to reduce my fee to 50 % . More inportantly to complete My daughters time there amicably and productively.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have not taken any legal advice yet ather than here.no tham

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

how many other parents are also upset about this matter - do you know?

and what is the £1k for?

and exactly was the online education that was provided and what did you expect?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am aware of 10 parents at the moment but many have caved in to the schools threats.
I have paid 1K as a good will jesture to enable my child to continue school untill the school and I have come to an agreement.
We as parents all expected regular, and constistant lessons via live links , telephone, email. Childrens questions could be answered quickly via these means but neither was work set regulary for the children to do or their questions answered.
the platform provided is called showbee and children, parents and even teachers find it difficult and out dated.
When the school is challenged they simply refere to outstanding bills.
They are holding our children to ransom, If we dont pay their undetailed bill they will stop our childrens education on friday. Some childrens education has stoped already due to this issue!