How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1999
Experience:  10 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
John is online now

I was involved in a car accident 29/5/2020, i was hit head

This answer was rated:

I was involved in a car accident 29/5/2020, i was hit head on while stationary by a young lady who was drink driving. Their ins company accepted responsibility and was paid out for my car within three days, a total loss. I went to hospital the next day and the doctor said I had whiplash and I should ring my insurers to get physio. As yet I’ve heard nothing. Since the accident I have been bombarded with calls to make a compensation claim and I don’t know what to do.
JA: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?
Customer: In Essex, the hospital has a report, the police have all the information
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: i am fully comp on my ins but had no legal cover and my ins don’t seem to want to know
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i haven’t yet heard about physio but I have contacted my doctors for painkillers

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

Sorry to hear of your accident, are you asking how to go about claiming compensation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am an pap on state pension only, I cannot afford phone call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry oap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you cannot give me advice then I’ve only done a tenner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or a fiver sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you talking anymore, am I going to get any advice?

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Please also note that it is extremely busy so there may be delays in replying.

Can you tell me what advice you are looking for please? Are you asking how to claim compensation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will wait

Hello can you answer my question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who do I contact to make a claim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All these companies ringing me re the accident are offering 4 to 5 thousand compensation, want me to fill in a form and sign it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I go direct to her ins company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They paid me for my car within three days without even looking at it, as though they just wanted rid of me

Ok thanks.

You are free to choose who to instruct, to act for you in a personal injury claim, from accident management companies to solicitors in law firms. I would advise against going directly to her insurance company, only on the basis that as defendants their job is to pay out as least as possible, and you do not wish to risk under settling your claim. It would be better to have a professional representing you who can maximise your claim.

You can find a list of solicitors here: where you can filter it to cater for the type of solicitor you need.

The leading personal injury firms are:

Irwin Mitchell

Website -

T - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

Slater Gordon

Website -

T - 0330(###) ###-####/p>

But there are plenty more you can choose, which you can access from the above law society link. Solicitors will act for you on a "no win, no fee" basis.

Does this help?

John and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you

Pleasure, and best of luck with your recovery. If you have any further questions, at any stage, please return to the site and let me know. You can request me by just entering my name before any question. All the best.