marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

My ex partner and I Own a house together. He left when our

Hi, my ex partner and I Own a house together. He left when our baby was 3 months old and she’s just turned 2. I’ve been paying the mortgage on my own and he’s now putting pressure on my to buy him out or sell. I work part time and can not get the mortgage out into my name even though I’ve been paying it on my own until now. My main question is can he force a house sale?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I’ve not spoke to anyone about it. U.K.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hello, my name is Marcus.

I presume you are joint tenants. Is that the case or did one of you put more in than the other reflected in a deed of trust.

What is the house worth and the outstanding mortgage.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We own the property Together however he’s not lived here for 2 years nor contributed towards the mortgage. The property is in equity of about 60,000

Unless you can rehouse with your 50% share of the equity the a sale cannot be forced as you have a child.

You will also be entitled to credit for the mortgage payments you are making known as equitable accounting.

Ultimately when the proceeds are divided equally you can claim from his share a sum equal to the half of the capital element of the mortgage payments you have made.

Marcus