Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have a wall on my boundary but my neighbour has a hedge up

I have a wall on my boundary but my neighbour has a hedge up against it I get very annoyed as he lets ivy and brambles grow over. My wall is about 6 feet high I do feel this is higher enough for a hedge to grow. What rights do I have if any ?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Emailed the person with no reply
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: In what reespect ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats fine thank you

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

It appears you have a nuisance case against the neighbour given his plants and hedges are encroaching on your property and as result affecting your rights to the peaceful enjoyment of your property.

In view of this you are permitted to undertake a number of steps to remedy this problem.

Do you understand what I have stated so far, if yes I will proceed to discuss the steps you can undertake to resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not wish to pay £44
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel this

Oh ok I will cancel the call.

Please notify customer services that the call did not occur. Further I will let them know from my end too.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I wish to continue messaging

I will continue chatting to you online so please bear with me whilst I type out your answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you wish me to cancel this with customer services how do I do this ?

I mean the call the service as I will continue to chat to you kn this platform.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I contact the call service ?

As for the remedies please note you can trim the hedges and the ivy plants to a point that it no longer in your property. Further once done please return the hedges and ivy to the neighbour as he/she owns it.

Alternatively you can consider hiring a tree surgeon to the works but before you do so it will be wise to get the neighbours agreement to meet the costs of the service too.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
now I have my answer how do I ensure that I am not charged for the call with you ?

Please contact the number below and explain no call was executed:

0808(###) ###-####/p>