Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Please can you advise what happens to product warranty /

Good morning
Please can you advise what happens to product warranty / guarantee after a trade and assets sale from company 1 to company 2. The assets transferred (sold) are full customer base + goodwill. Company 1 will become dormant.

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly. The system will notify you via email when this happens.

Many Thanks.

Thank you for your patience.

If the company/retailer has gone into administration, you can still directly claim from the manufacturer. If you face any problems with the product within the warranty period, you can directly approach the manufacturer for its remedy

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, the company has not gone into administration. The company has transferred its assets (customer base) to a buyer - company 2. Do the warranties transfer with it to company 2?
Company 1 became dormant, it is not trading, but it still exists

If the assets and customer base /goodwill has been transferred/sold to company B, then yes you can claim from Company B , as well as from the manufacturer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.