INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Mortgage, norwich, instructing solicitors but they don't

mortgage
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: norwich
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: instructing solicitors but they don't appear to have the mortgage offer. It's been 3 months since it has been issued but they haven't bothered to ask for it. My questions is: Is this causing a delay?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am interested what are the steps that a solicitor does with a mortgage offer and without, ie searches, land registry and so on. I would like to get to the bottom of it because it has been 3 months since instruct them, I have a mortgage offer since then either but they do not appear to have it, ask or look for it. It has been 3 months and we are going nowhere, and I need to find out if this is because of their incompetence or the problem is in the other party.Please I need you to guide me through the whole process. I need to know everything!

Thank you for your query. Have you contacted the lender?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi thank you for getting back. Yes, they will send them the mortgage offer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's fine we can talk here.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it worries me that they haven't looked for the mortgage offer, how else they can do a work without it. It has been 3 months ...

That is a little surprising. Have you filed a formal complaint with the firm?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No not yet, I don't know what to do, just found out last night.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been told(i have it written) that my searches are put in place and that they work on my case
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is very bizarre, isn't it?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what have been actually doing during this 3 months...I don't know

Due to the unprecedented Covid-19 situations, most conveyancing actions have been severely delayed. Searches have been taking significantly longer than normal. This is probably the reason for the delay.

Other than this, they should have at least received the mortgage offer.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask,.

many thanks,

Most Solicitors firms have been running at reduced capacity as staff have been on furlough.

many thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
probably this is the problem. thanks!