F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have a question re my let property and current tenants,

HI
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question re my let property and current tenants , one who has been self isolating and proposed future tenants
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In ENgland - property relates to Birmingham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My current tenants wish to stay in the property as due to coronavirus have been self isolating and also their master and phd are over running. My agents found new tenants for this year, some time ago but I am wondering where I stand - can i cancel the proposed new tenancy as not due to start until september ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: one of the tenants is my daughter

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

so you want the in situ tenants to stay on?

and what have the agency said about this proposed new tenancy?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I spoke to the agents 3 weeks ago and advised wished current situation to remain as one student is portugese, self isolating and nowhere else to go. Gave them all the scenarios. They know staying on til AUgust but agents not overly helpful, not great in any case and have now written asking for keys back at the end of this month so nothing. I did ask if they could ascertain if other tenants still even needed property as also students and likely that will not be in uni until at least january. Heard nothing back either way