Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I have just found out my father past away two years ago ,his

I have just found out my father past away two years ago ,his second wife past away before him ,I am the only son and has no other relative ,but he did adopt her son
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good afternoon

Do you have the exact date and/or place of death

What do you know of your father's personal financial circumstances?

When were you last in touch with him?

Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
to the first , well off,32 years ago

The first thing to do is to get a copy of his death certificate which you can apply for online from the GOV .UK website.Put" copy death certificate " in your search engine and ignore the adverts

Armed with the information you then need to apply for any grant of Probate/. representation from the GOV/UK site . Put "applying for probate" in your search engine .

A grant is necessary where the estate is reasonably substantial or there is a property involved. Attached to the Grant will be a copy of any Will made so you can see what it says.

If he failed to make a Will then you would have been entitled to half the estate and the Grant will be a Grant of Letters of Administration.

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond.

Otherwise please either click to accept or rate my answer on the system so get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael