How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15874
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a property left to me by my mother couple years ago I

This answer was rated:

I have a property left to me by my mother couple years ago I rent it out it is still in her name as I was advised to leave it this is to go to my son 30 in Australia not to be able to go to my husband son is his son too but not his other 3 children by first wife.What best to do

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. In my view the property should have been transferred at the time. Whoever is the executor of your mother’s estate should transfer the house either to you if you are to continue being the landlord or to your son if that is what you want to do. The property would be protected from the general family law be asked it is an inheritance. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

JGM and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you