31090051

I have a property left to me by my mother couple years ago I

I have a property left to me by my mother couple years ago I rent it out it is still in her name as I was advised to leave it this is to go to my son 30 in Australia not to be able to go to my husband son is his son too but not his other 3 children by first wife.What best to do

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. In my view the property should have been transferred at the time. Whoever is the executor of your mother’s estate should transfer the house either to you if you are to continue being the landlord or to your son if that is what you want to do. The property would be protected from the general family law be asked it is an inheritance. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.