How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8014
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We have been 4 years and 1 month tenant now moved out now

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: we have been 4 years and 1 month tenant now moved out now agency is asking for 500 pound from deposit 250 for redecorating the property and cleaning and carpet cleaning 250 is there any law to give 250 for redecorating the property ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: watford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I didnt take any action
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no


You may get your own cleaners to do any cleaning if you are able to. They cannot force you to pay that much for cleaning and you may dispute this amount.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they told they have already cleaned and they will charge 150 for cleaning and additional 75 for carpet cleaning . they are asking 250 pound contribution for decorating the property please let me know Do we have to pay this amount?

You may dispute this if you feel it is unreasonable, or you may pay it. It is your choice. If you agree to pay it, you should ask them for proof that the money was actually paid out by them to any third party.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you