UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

We have been 4 years and 1 month tenant now moved out now

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: we have been 4 years and 1 month tenant now moved out now agency is asking for 500 pound from deposit 250 for redecorating the property and cleaning and carpet cleaning 250 is there any law to give 250 for redecorating the property ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: watford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I didnt take any action
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

You may get your own cleaners to do any cleaning if you are able to. They cannot force you to pay that much for cleaning and you may dispute this amount.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they told they have already cleaned and they will charge 150 for cleaning and additional 75 for carpet cleaning . they are asking 250 pound contribution for decorating the property please let me know Do we have to pay this amount?

You may dispute this if you feel it is unreasonable, or you may pay it. It is your choice. If you agree to pay it, you should ask them for proof that the money was actually paid out by them to any third party.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars