How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2919
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Hullo am traveling tomorrow for transit through London to

This answer was rated:

Hullo good evening am traveling tomorrow for transit through London to dubai where am a resident and my lay over is only 5 hours.I didn't get the transit visa because I didn't know i needed one .what remedy do I have ?Can I get it on arrival ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Yes I tried to fill in some forms am Ugan***** *****ving in Tanzania but a resident of dubai with my family
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the transit visa?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Non that's all

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond.

Will your lay over been in London?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at Heathrow airport
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at Heathrow airport and it's okay let's, chat here thanks

You can ignore the phone call it is automated.

Will you pass through UK border control?

You always pass through border control if you:

  • leave the main airport building for any reason
  • need to collect your bags and check them in to your onward flight

You must also pass through border control if both:

  • your onward flight leaves on a different calendar day to when you arrive
  • there’s nowhere for you to stay overnight in the airport, for example in a transit hotel

Check with your airline if you’re not sure if you’ll pass through border control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay ,so yes what is your advice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No am not passing through boarder control

You’re not going through UK border control

Apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa (DATV) if you’ll be changing flights in the UK and will not be going through UK border control.

Direct Airside Transit visa

You might need a Direct Airside Transit visa (DATV) if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and you:

  • will be changing flights in the UK on your way to another country
  • will not go through UK border control

Documents you need

To apply for a DATV, you must have a current passport or other valid travel identification document.

You need to provide evidence that you’re allowed to enter the country you’re travelling to, such as a:

  • residence permit
  • green card
  • valid visa

If you’re not a resident or national of the country you’re travelling to, you may need to explain why you’re going there. You may need to provide details of where you’re staying.

You must also provide evidence that your onward journey is booked or confirmed, such as:

  • a flight booking email
  • printed tickets
  • confirmation from a travel agent

Your onward flight must be within 24 hours of your arrival in the UK.

Bring your visa and documents with you when you travel through the UK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't know about this until now and I don't have it can I get it on arrival ?

Yes it is available on arrival

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you I'll get on on arrival tomorrow.thank you

Before you go,

I would be grateful if you will give me a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. I would appreciate it

The purpose of the rating is to assist other customers and continue to provide a high level of service on Justanswer.

Lawyer21 and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You were great and helpful and it was, timely thank you

Most welcome - you should just make sure with your Airline - this is very important. You can also call Heathrow airport as well.