Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

Please can I extend my student short term visa from inside

Good morning
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Please can I extend my student short term visa from inside the UK?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Nigerian With a short term student visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No That's why am here
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My school will resume at a point where my visa has only a month before expiration. Although am still in Nigeria. What should ? The consular office are not yet open in my country because of the pandemic. Should I still travel for my course?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Are you currently in Nigeria or in the UK?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In Nigeria. The Pandemic didn't allow the travel and schools were closed too

I understand - has your Student visa been issued and when does it expire?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It has been issued. It will expire September 19, 2020

From the 8th June 2020, the UK is now subject to a 14 days quarantine period once you arrive to the UK.

Have you contacted your University?

When was your course due to start?

How long was the student visa issued for?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
am aware. But my program will begin late July /August and will elapsed beyond September 19, 2020. By that time my visa would have expired

What has your University said? How long was your visa issued for?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The visa was issued in March, 2020 to expire September, 2020

What has your University said?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The visa was issued for 6months. The school are not open for calls. I haven't received their response to the mail I sent

This will therefore be very risky as you cannot just turn up without getting enrolled onto your course of studies. You must continue to wait until you get confirmation from them otherwise you can enter - but you may be refused entry from Immigration control on the basis your school is closed. If you have confirmation from them by email then it would make sense for you to enter the UK and use this to show Immigration control.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Now, my question is supposing I get confirmation about when the visa will expire, what should I do?

If you get confirmation then you can enter the UK and can apply for extension from inside the UK. Your school will also be able to do this for you.

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCISA/Contact-us - You can also use this link to help you.

Thank you for your question today

Before you go,

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

The purpose of the rating is to continue to assist other customers and continue to provide a high level of service on Justanswer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK. Thank you very much
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Your response were amazing. I later heard from the school. They told me they will write to embassy and them send me document I will use to reapply. That I will definitely get a clearance from the UK embassy to enter the UK for the program
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But can I be admitted into other MSc degree with. a short term visa whilst in the UK? Or I will need to return to Nigeria and reapply?