How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2919
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

My 13 year old daughter lives with her dad and has been

This answer was rated:

My 13 year old daughter lives with her dad and has been alienated against me now I cannot see her and she refuses to see or speak to me since she has lived with them
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i went to mediation and got c100 but I couldn’t get any help to fill it in
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: milton keynes
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the step mother Hayes me and it’s their campaign of hate over time that has made this worse. I think it’s easier for her to not see me as I think she thinks she will lose her place in their family

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

What were the previous contact arrangements?

When did you receive the mediation certificate? Did your ex attend?

You have 4 months to trigger your right to file application for a Child Arrangements Order using form C100. You can also use form EX160 if you are on a low income/savings to be exempted from paying the court fees of £215.00

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When she
Lived with me she the arrangement was she would stay at her dads every fortnight but really she went whenever she wanted. So when she went there it was meant to be that arranemtent swapped round. Every time she came we would have a lovely time, then when she got home I would get a horrible message or call from her dad saying she’s upset and doesn’t want to come any more. This just got worse over time and they keep blaming her. Also they keep stopping her seeing my parents and always saying terrible things about them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it in Feb and no he didn’t. He said no point because it’s not his choice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is out of date now. I will get another if I have to but couldn’t fill it in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get another but I can’t fill it in, I don’t understand what I am doing and am scared to get it wrong

You would need to obtain a new one and you should have really filed the application to save time and preserve your right to contact and see your daughter. I will send you details on where to find your local mediator. In terms of the form I will send details or organisations that may be able to help.

I will also send you details of the process once it has been filed - the C100 form.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have contact wth mediation and I know I need to get another for but where can I get help filling it in

You might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending a LawWorks Clinic. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website:

You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau ( For more information please visit: or Personal Support Unit for advice about a legal problem (For more information please visit:

In order to apply to the court, you will need to fill out and send form C100 (copy attached) with a cheque of £215 payable to HMCTS to your local family court centre. Or you can ring the court and pay over the phone (or pay in person if you go directly to the court and pay at the counter).

If you are on low income/have low savings you can apply for a fee exemption here:

The court will order arrangements for you to see them on specified days and for how long if you cannot agree this with your ex partner. You can also ask for joint custody so they live with you for part of the week if you wish.

If custody (shared or full custody) is to be considered then the welfare checklist of the child is relevant :

Once you apply the court will list a hearing where you and your ex attends. There will be a family advisor there too (from Cafcass) and if arrangements can be agreed then a consent order will be drawn up.

In making their decision the courts will look at the full circumstances such as the age of the children, where they go to school, financial situation of both parents and ultimately they will make a decision in the best interest of the child.

I would advise you to seek a child arrangement court order such an order can set out who looks after the child and when. Such an order once made can be enforced if it is breached.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you possibly go through the form with me

The mediator can also help you complete the form - step to step guide.

You can also use this link

Unfortunately on Justanswer we cannot have a lawyer-client relationship. If you use the above links they would be in a position to help further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I leave this conversation for now and come back to it later

Thank you for your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

Before you go,

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Lawyer21 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you