SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I was just discussing my case with you yesterday and I went

I was just discussing my case with you yesterday and I went to police station today as I receive letter to come when I get there, I have been told by police officer that I’m being realised on RUI( realised under investigation) and I don’t have to come back at police station and they will contact me further also got no more bail conditions, what your opinion on all this? What’s the usually outcome of cases like that? Thanks
That means that you have been released from custody without charge with no obligation to return on bail for the offence; however the investigation will remain ongoing and you will be notified of the outcome of the investigation in due course.You've not been charged which suggests that at this time the police have nothing to charge you with. We cannot say for sure that you won't be charged in the future but based on the information you provided the investigation is not likely to yeild much more evidence against you.Please do rate all the answers that have been provided.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi thanks for your reply and it’s very helpful as well, is there anything you can advice about how long roughly cases like theft take on RUI or minor cases on RUI? Thanks
RUI has no time limit. There have been a lot of complaints that it leaves people in limbo.You can only guess that no news is good news for now.Given there should not be much else to investigate you can expect a response within a couple months.Sorry to keep requesting answers to be rated. If they are not Just Answer do not release my payment. If you could take the time to rate the answers it would be much appreciated. I am happy to answer follow ups.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The letter I receive now is also saying if no action is taken my details and DNA will be deleted that means that this arrest will not show on CRB/DBS or do I have to make application to police record to take off this?
It should be done automatically but if not you can request it at the link below.
https://www.acro.police.uk/Services/Record-deletion