12826847

Having problems with several neighbours over many issues.

Customer Question

Having problems with several neighbours over many issues. ROA, slander, parking, spying on us being some of the issues but there are many
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Tried to ignore it Had community protection involved with one set They moved away
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They had a lot of friends on the street who are now making life very difficult Some have made false accusations to police Neighbours to one side of us make it very difficult to use roa
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi. About 5 years ago we began having a lot of problems with a next door neighbour after I saw them top a bin over and asked them why they had done it. Before that they were a problem, lots of loud music, shouting etc suspected drug dealing and prostitution, involved community protection,, neighbours told community protection I had been racist to them and I overheard another neighbour saying they had lied to police to support them. Over next 18 months they were involved in police action on one occasion heard them being arrested for abduction, there was another similar incident and then Cid visited as they had been alleged to attack someone with an axe. We had CCTV by this point although they destroyed one set and given a police caution. Although we own our house we rented a second house for 18 months and they moved. We moved back last September and neighbours other side of us who were friendly with them i have heard saying we are looking at them. Other neighbours seem to be spying on us as well. I would like this to stop. Last weekend hear 1 neighbour saying to the ones next door that they would support their claim against us. Just want this nightmare to stop.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hard to talk as I am in the house and the walls are thin. It is a terraced house.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can you message
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Yes, no problem.

So what would you like to know?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I want to know what I should do to legally protect myself, what are my options.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What should I be doing as there are so many lies etc coming from neighbours.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Do they have any money?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

I can’t really give you good news but I have to tell you thetruth.

You cannot prevent a person who is intent from makingreports to the police. All you can dois defend them afterwards.

Depending on what has happened, you do have the option towrite to them warning them of the laws of defamation and to stop making falseallegations but that might make things much worse depending on the history.

In terms of suing afterward, you do have the option of adefamation action. That is obviouslyonly worth bringing if your accuser has the money to pay. Otherwise it is a very expensive exercise toget no more than an injunction not to repeat that specific falsehood.

Hope this helps.

Can Iclarify anything for you?

Please remember to rate my answer 5stars because giving a 5 star rating really helps me.