SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

What is the difference between a common law marriage and

Customer Question

What is the difference between a common law marriage and contract marrag
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: What is the difference between a common law marriage and contract marriage in guatemala
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 16 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. Common law and civil marriage?

In the UK the common law marriage is not recognised as a legal marriage. This is used to refer to couple who choose to not marry but live together as if married. Some jurisdictions recognise them as a valid legal marriage but not the UK. The civil marriage is performed, recorded and recognised as a valid marriage and in the UK they have to be monogamous; and carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Marriage Acts 1949-1994. A marriage certificate has to be issued by a Superintendent Registrar or an authorised minister of religion.

I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating by clicking on the row of stars at the top. All the best